Call for Speakers Now Open for the 2018 Nonprofit Talent & Culture Summit
We all recognize we are in a time of unprecedented change and disruption. Now more than ever, nonprofits are being called upon to serve their communities and need to prioritize their people to achieve their missions. Not only must they find new ways to acquire, develop and retain top talent, but they must push themselves further to thrive in a world reliant on data and technology.
We're calling on you to make an impact on the nation’s leading social sector organizations by presenting at the 2018 Nonprofit Talent & Culture Summit, a transformational three-day event where forward-thinking nonprofit, foundation and association leaders will exchange fresh ideas and collaborate on new ways to advance their missions through talent. An event unlike any other in the nation, the Summit will be held April 18-20, 2018 at the Marriott Metro Center in Washington, D.C.
The theme of the 2018 Summit is “Inspire. Lead. Transform.” The discussions will focus on how nonprofits can develop their talent, build an intentional culture and leverage their people to drive impact.We are actively seeking dynamic, engaging thought leaders to share their experiences and expertise with our audience, aligned with the four learning themes of the Summit, which include:
- Intentional Culture – Developing and fostering a mission-aligned culture for impact
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) 2.0 – Exploring new, results-oriented ways of fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization
- Leveraging Social Brand – Realizing the power of purpose and mission as a key differentiator in attracting top talent
- Transformational Leadership – Leading social sector organizations to create measurable value and positive change in society
Interested in getting involved in the Summit? Apply to be a speaker by selecting "2018 Nonprofit Talent & Culture Summit Speaker Application” below. You can also select "More" to learn more about the submission criteria. We hope you’ll consider sharing your unique perspectives on nonprofit talent and culture with our audience in 2018 and look forward to hearing from you!
About the Summit’s Hosts
As the country's leading full-service human resources firm focused exclusively on the nonprofit sector, Nonprofit HR understands the unique needs of mission-driven organizations like no one else. We know that an organization is only as effective as its people, which fuels the need for the Talent & Culture Summit. Nonprofit HR partners with nonprofits and associations in talent acquisition, executive search, human resources consulting and knowledge & insights, all with the objective of making the nonprofit workforce the best it can be.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Schoshinski at 202-785-2060, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Summit is expected to draw hundreds of nonprofit leaders and human resources professionals from the sector. Attendees represent professional and trade associations, social/human services agencies, membership organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy/environmental groups, arts and culture, healthcare organizations and academic institutions from across the nation.
Submitting Proposals and Deadlines
The deadline for submitting proposals for the Summit is Thursday, August 31, 2017. Please submit your proposal below. Proposed sessions should:
- provide relevant content for a savvy, experienced audience that stretches thinking and offers new approaches;
- provide application exercises that involve the participants;
- provide practical tools that can be applied upon returning to attendees’ organizations;
- provide relevant examples and case studies of real success (and successful failures);
- provide data and analytics relevant to the topic, or explore how data can be strategically utilized in support of desired outcomes;
- be delivered in an engaging way and draws on the experience of the attendees.
Selected speakers will be notified by October 1, 2017.
Instructions for Submitting a Proposal to Present
1. To receive full consideration, your proposal must include the following information:
- Contact Information (phone number and email address)
- Title of Session
- Area of Focus (see tracks above)
- 200 Word Session Summary (see below)
- 3 Key Takeaways (written as bullets)
- Professional Bio for all Speakers
- Color Headshot for all Speakers (dimensions 300 x 300, format JPG or PNG)
- Color Logo for the Organizations all Speakers Represent (dimensions 300 x 300 format PNG with transparent background)
2. Session Summary: In 200 words or less, provide a summary of the session content, describing the primary workplace application of your presentation and its relevance to the nonprofit sector. Proposals submitted without this information will not receive the fullest consideration. If you are selected to present, the description submitted will be used in promotional brochures and on the Summit website, and is subject to light editing prior to publication. Edits will not be resubmitted to you for approval. Each concurrent session is 75 minutes.
We look forward to reviewing your application and will be in touch no later than October 1, 2017 with the status of your application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Schoshinski at 202-785-2060, or by email at email@example.com.